Saturday, May 09, 2009

Gay Marriage and NOM ads

There are a few odd commercials out there regarding gay marriage. I can't help but sit here and think about them. I think it's odd that people feel threatened by gay marriage. One of the best quotes I heard today was that if you are against gay marriage then DON'T enter into one!!

At the end of one commercial it states that "marriage means a mommy and a daddy". Oh good, that means that my friends who are male/female married without children might also not count as "acceptable" because they aren't parents? I see. It all makes sense now. Brilliant thinking.

Another one of the commercials about confused children stated a WONDERFUL point. A child states that if Grandpa was a woman he and Grandma could still be married (under new laws, it was supposed to be offensive to the "Christian right"). WHAT GOOD NEWS!! Because, in my mind, gender should matter as much as race does! Which is NOT AT ALL!!

Which leads me to my final point. Religion repeats itself.

I'm sure this is a lot like when missionaries stated that the "Indians are doing well considering their obvious deformities". Or when segregation was supported. Let's go ahead and bring back the race riots maybe take away the vote for women, declare women as property again. No really....let's do that! I am truly in fear of a time when religious groups start accepting and loving homosexuals! The only group left to attack after that will be fat people. WAIT, they'd never do that....because unlike homosexuals some obese people attend church (read= you're actually stupid if you think there are no closet homosexuals in Christian churches).



I would be much less bitchy about this if religious groups took such a heavy, well funded & vocal stance against the "sins" of their own members. Rape, child molestation, adultery, slander, gluttony, pre-marital sex, gossip.....the list goes on. Where is the religious ad taking a stand against coveting?

I want to quote Billy Joel "Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!" Christianity needs to get it's own affairs in order. Christianity, before you come knocking on my door with your God inspired hatred of others, get your own house cleaned up. Get your people into a position where their actions match their words. THEN I will welcome you with open arms and a listening ear. Of course.....if you do clean house......you'll have realized that even Jesus himself wouldn't support your current attitude and behavior. When that happens, you won't need to knock on my door. You won't be running around minding and micromanaging everyone! You'll have no message of hatred to motivate you to knock!


No comments: