Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Diaper Pail Incident

When my daughter was a baby she loved to explore. Not in the manner I expected her to though. Which brings us to my confession, I am a bit naive. I suspect I am not the first Mom in history to confess this! I thought *MY* Daughter would love to explore safe, clean, sanitary and pleasant things. NOPE!

She had a twisted idea of fun.

I do not think the full diaper pail is clean. Who (besides my daughter) opens a pail full of piss and crap and, upon smelling the contents, thinks "hey, this is fun"?

Of course, she is the same child who, when she realized she was having a bowel movement, decided to take off her diaper and see what all the movement was about.

Does any of this strike you as being clean or pleasant?

Me personally? Opening the diaper pail was a huge process (pre-Diaper-Genie). You had to take a deep breath. Hold it. Lift the lid, not too much....just enough to get a diaper in. DO NOT lift that lid right off and start waving it around. You're just asking to clean up vomit if you do that. Then drop the diaper in. Close it FAST. Run out of the room and find some clean air.

So imagine my surprise when I smell something in the livingroom. I know the smell, can't quite place it.....follow it to my daughter's room.

OMG, the horror. Diaper pail open, the lid is more than 10 feet away!!! There is my angel, sitting inside a circle of stench and filth. Smiling happily, no vomit in site. She is happily playing in a pile of dirty diapers.

I am not saving for college, I'm saving for therapy.

No comments: